- Contact Us
- News & Media
I am looking for a product, an information ...
Our expertise in sintered silicon carbide (Boostec® SiC) is a pioneer technology, enabling us to contribute to exploration of the Universe.
Optical instruments for space exploration require precise and stable parts that can withstand drastic changes in temperature.
Boostec® Silicon Carbide SiC
Reaching the highly demanding requirements lead the engineers to design mechanically and thermally ultra-stable space optics.
Offering both high specific stiffness and high thermal stability, Boostec® SiC appears to be a material of choice, even unavoidable for some space telescopes.
Among our successes
- Herschel, Gaia and Euclid missions on Universe Sciences
- Sentinel-2 and Aeolus ESA missions for Earth Observations
- Nirspec large spectrograph for Nasa James Webb Space Observatory
- A wide range of Korsch telescopes for Earth Observation at export
- ESO extremely large telescope: the reference structure of its M4 Adaptive Optic and also its fast tip/tilt M5 Folding Mirror
Ground-based observatories benefit from the same remarkable properties of Boostec® SiC, in particular for their mirrors or their adaptive optics.
Solutions and materials for aeronautics and spaceDownload
3.52 MBSolutions and materials for aeronautics and space