Zirconium column for acetic acid production or specialty chemicals production
Zirconium columns are suitable in corrosive environments, notably for the production of acetic acid where Mersen is recognized as the number 1 in supplying zirconium columns.
Mersen produces zirconium columns in plants on 3 continents: 6 000 m² in USA and 10 000 m² in China.
- Dedicated rolling machines for reactive metals
- Automatic GTAW + PAW machines
- Water jet cutting
- In-house NDT: X ray, PT, UT, PMI, helium leak test
- Design capacity
- Large range of references in acetic acid
- References in solid columns
- Design according to international standards (ASME, EN ...)
- Material according to ASTM, EN, AS, GB
Mersen produces zirconium shell and tube heat exchangers and pressure vessels for the major producers of acetic acid.