Carbon/Carbon loading trays and baskets are used for thermal treatment processes such as
- vacuum brazing,
- low pressure carburizing,
- gas quenching of automotive parts,
- case hardening of steel parts with subsequent oil quenching etc.
Carbon/Carbon trays use 5-10 time less energy than steel.
- Improved energy efficiency of heat treatment processes with the possibility to reduce heating/cooling cycle.
- C/C composites do not lose mechanical properties with temperature. Lightweight constructions are possible.
- Density of Carbon/Carbon is 5 times less than steel: easy handling thanks to the weight reduction.
EASY AUTOMATION. HANDLING BY ROBOTS
- Carbon/Carbon trays have no distortion or thermal creep.
- CTE of C/C is 10 times less than steel.
IMPROVED QUALITY OF TREATED PARTS
- C/C composites have a self-lubricating surface. No sticking/brazing of metal parts to rack surface, therefore no deformation of the metal parts
- No embrittlement, robust, increased lifetime
- Increased loading capacity by optimized design
- Thermal shock resistance increases with temperature