Polytube, Mersen’s graphite tube heat exchanger - proven design in demanding processes
Large heat transfer areas
- High exchange surface and heat transfer - up to 1,000 m2 of exchange surface
- Designed for high pressure: 11 barG (service) and 7 barG (process)
- Special shell designs to handle corrosive fluids
Six (6) meter long tubes without a joint, made from Graphilor® 3
The absence of a joint makes the tubes more robust and ensure a greater resistance to breakage
Tubes can be optionally reinforced with carbon fiber
Improved performance and safety options
- Rigilor®, a coating applied to tube sheets, consists of a layer of carbon fiber which reinforces the graphite and improves the erosion and abrasion protection. With Rigilor, mechanical resistance is improved and erosion resistance is increased six times.
- Carbon sleeves can be cemented in the tube sheet passages to protect against erosion.
- Tubes XBS – G30-00-220
- Large size dimensions with 1000 tubes
- Tubes : 25/16 ; 32/22 ; 37/25 ; 51/35
- Shell Diameter : 10’’ – 82’’
- Headers offered in different materials: graphite, FRP, metallic, glass-lined
- Design temperature up to 220°C
- High corrosion resistance due to Graphilor® 3
- Proven design and performance
- Aftersales service in the US with two strategically-located Repair Centers
- Manufacturing sites in USA, Europe and China
Ask us for an extensive list of market applications, such as phosphoric acid evaporators, sulfuric acid heaters, hydrochloric acid re-boilers.
Mersen offers shell and tube heat exchangers in other materials as well: stainless steel, carbon steel, tantalum or massive metals (tantalum, zirconium, titanium). Additionally, we offer rubber lined, ptfe lined, and glass lined heat exchangers.